Episode Three: Women Make SF TV (aka stop cancelling my shows)
We take a break from film to gab about our favourite women-created SF TV (which, given how short the list is, is all of them): Emergence, Vagrant Queen, Sense8, Killjoys!, Westworld, Altered Carbon, Roswell New Mexico, iZombie, Russian Doll, Jessica Jones, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Intro/Outro music: Inspire Glitches (2017) by Yuriy Shishlov (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- The festival (wordy!): British Society for the History of Science’s Global Digital History of Science Festival (6th-10th July) #HistSciFest
- Emergence (created by: Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas)
- Vagrant Queen (created by: Jem Garrard)
- Wynonna Earp (created by: Emily Andras)
- Roswell New Mexico (created by: Carina Adly Mackenzie)
- Jessica Jones (created by: Melissa Rosenberg)
- Black Girl Nerds – review of Vagrant Queen
- Killjoys! (created by: Michelle Lovretta)
- Vagrant Queen comic from Vault – written by Magdalene Visaggio
- Noelle Stevenson – @Gingerhazing
- Sense8 (created by: Lana and Lilly Wachowski with J. Michael Straczynski)
- Évolution (dir. Lucile Hadžihalilović, 2015)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (created by: Maurissa Tancharoen with Jed and Joss Whedon)
- iZombie (created by: Diane Ruggiero-Wright and Rob Thomas)
- Russian Doll (created by: Leslye Headland, Natasha Lyonne and Amy Poehler)
- OMG, I said Adam Sandler movie when I meant to say Andy Samberg!!!! Argh.
- Altered Carbon (created by: Laeta Kalogridis)
- The 100 (created by: Jason Rothenberg)
- The 100 novels written by: Kass Morgan – The 100 (2013); Day 21 (2014); Homecoming (2015); Rebellion (2016).
- Another Life (FWIW, creator Aaron Martin also wrote for Killjoys! and is a vocal supporter of diversity on and behind screen)